So my Indy finally found a broken wire that he's convinced has been destroying
regulators in my 240D, I'm glad that settled finally. I'm still planning on
replacing the car but theres no real hurry, I can keep my eyes peeled for a
real nice deal.
I'm not sure why but my Indy seems to dislike the w201 cars, maybe its the
tight clearances, whatever. He's no keen on the 190D I've been looking at. For
that matter neither is my wife, she says its too small. I contend that its just
as big as the Corolla she pointed out on the highway last week.

While I was there my Indy mentioned he knew of an '82 300SD for sale. 295k on
the body, trans was rebuilt @180k, the engine was replaced 60k ago with an
Adset (thats what he said, what does it mean?). New tires, new radiator and
recent paint. Apparently one brake line is bad right now but that will be fixed
before sale.
The car was bought new by a dealership mechanic and then sold to his son in-law
at some later point. Apparently both gentlemen are anal about maintenance. He
wants $2k.
An '82 would be a w126 right? Nothing on mileage to the 190D 2.2l but a big
comfortable car I guess. I'll call the guy tomorrow and get the full scoop but
what does the collective wisdom say?

-Curt
'83 240D "Hammie" 234kmi