Curt Raymond wrote:
So my Indy finally found a broken wire that he's convinced has been destroying regulators in my 240D, I'm glad that settled finally. I'm still planning on replacing the car but theres no real hurry, I can keep my eyes peeled for a real nice deal. I'm not sure why but my Indy seems to dislike the w201 cars, maybe its the tight clearances, whatever. He's no keen on the 190D I've been looking at. For that matter neither is my wife, she says its too small. I contend that its just as big as the Corolla she pointed out on the highway last week.

While I was there my Indy mentioned he knew of an '82 300SD for sale. 295k on the body, trans was rebuilt @180k, the engine was replaced 60k ago with an Adset (thats what he said, what does it mean?). New tires, new radiator and recent paint. Apparently one brake line is bad right now but that will be fixed before sale. The car was bought new by a dealership mechanic and then sold to his son in-law at some later point. Apparently both gentlemen are anal about maintenance. He wants $2k. An '82 would be a w126 right? Nothing on mileage to the 190D 2.2l but a big comfortable car I guess. I'll call the guy tomorrow and get the full scoop but what does the collective wisdom say?

Adsit is a supplier of used Mercedes parts. When former customers have discussed with me their degree of satisfaction with the parts and service Adsit provided, about 8 out of ten have been VERY dissatisfied. I guess it's hard to do anything 100%!

The reports I've received include that used parts were overpriced considering their condition and rebuilt parts were poorly rebuilt AND way overpriced considering the quality of the rebuild. Customers that were dissatisfied have found it virtually impossible to get refunds. That's all according to others. I have NEVER done business with them so these reports are ALL secondhand. The Star magazine (published by the Me recedes Club of America) stopped accepting ads from them many years ago after receiving a very large number of complaints that were not being addressed. I would NOT consider an Adsit engine in a car to be desirable and would reduce the offering price by 20-30% on that basis alone!

Marshall
'87 300TD 181Kmi,'87 190D 2.5 199Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 227Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 159Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 234kmi
      Diesel Technical Advisor MBCA, member GWSection
    http://www.dhc.net/~pmhack/mercedes/mbooth1.htm