In a message dated 8/20/2005 6:48:15 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

During  this process I think I found why my engine was running hot. It seems
that  stuff was getting through the A/C cooling fines and getting trapped in
front of the radiator cooling fins. About 1/3 of the radiator cooling
surface was covered with grass, dust and debrea, I don't think the front
crank shaft seal leak help either, oil leaking from the front seal may  also
have given the stuff something to stick to  also.

HMMMN:

What I have been trying to tell people for years.   You cannot  see this
dirt!  Nor can you blow this dirt out without damaging  the fins.  Any radiator
that has not been removed for several years or  75,000 miles, is probably a
candidate for removal and EXTERIOR cleaning.   Especially you owners in the
open
range and bug country.

Thanks for bringing that up.

Jim  Friesen