I called the guy about the 300SD I mentioned last week.
Turns out its 297kmi, had the trans rebuilt at 186k, Adsit engine at 260k for
which he paid $4500.
The Good: new Tires, and radiator.
The Bad: one rear brake caliper is frozen, one rear brake line is ruptured,
battery is dead, A/C leaks and has no charge.
The Ugly: The car has sat for something like 2 years, the repaint may have some
rust spots beginning but he hasn't checked carefully. During the winter it was
garaged but sat out in the summer.
He wants $2,000 for what I think is more like a $1,200 car. I may go up and see
it and see how insulted he'd get with an $800 offer.

Opinions?

-Curt