Whoa, now. For the record, I use OE or OEM filters from Rusty for all
my Mercedes. That's not what I'd call caviar. Bratwurst, maybe? When
it comes to other filters, all are NOT created equal. There is some
serious garbage out there. The M-1 filter is a top quality filter, but
it's not cheap. I'm not sure if I'd use them or not. Maybe if I were
doing extended drains. Definitely not every 3k though.

To reiterate the original point, my usage of Mobil-1 oil & extended
drains is actually CHEAPER than changing dino oil every 3-4k. It's a
win-win for me, I get all the benefits of synthetic usage, with
basically no extra cost (or at least minimal extra cost).

I'm almost afraid to mention using helium in the tyres to increase MPG
and extend tyre life while improving traction. That's also sold by
Exxon/Mobil. (kidding!)

:-)

+dm