Marshall Booth wrote:
> I'm NOT fond of anything made by Castrol since they chose to call
> their hydrocracked group III oil "synthetic." That's just plain dishonest
> as far as I'm concerned.

Me too. Syntec may have even been a bit better than M1 when first introduced,
but I didn't try it until it was group III, and it just didn't hold up.
Consumption was higher, and after 1,000 miles or so, oil pressure was lower.

When I read about the truth in advertising claims, I quit buying Castrol brake
fluid. Fortunately, Valvoline now has good DOT4 that's cheaper and easier to
find than Castrol.