On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:10:53 -0700 "R A Bennell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   2 questions -
>
>   1. why do I want one? I think I know the answer - considered easier
>   and cleaner to pull the oil out the dipstick than it is to crawl under
>   and drain with the plug.
>   I assume one still gets dirty pulling the filter off - at least on my
>   115 with the old style cartridge in the canister.

If you have a W115, all bets are off. You can get VERY dirty changing the
filter on a W115, which has to be changed from the bottom.

On a W123 (and later, I believe), you change the filter from the top of
the engine. It inserts into the filter cannister from the top and the lid
bolts down on top of it.

Craig