-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve MacSween
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 9:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MBZ] 240d throttle linkage part @ firewall

Both my newly acquired 240Ds are 1982s, and have the 'late' version of
the
gizmo where the throttle linkage passes through the firewall, more or
less a
rubber bushing with a plastic/nylon inner fitting, inside a metal frame.
(Earlier cars seem to have a somewhat simpler setup.)

Both have the same problem, the inner plastic piece has broken and flops
around freely, limiting throttle movement to about 1/3 what it ought to
be
(not a good thing on an OM616!).

My question is, I don't see a corresponding part, at the on-line
catalogue
sites. The only decent dealer around here is a long drive away, and
unless I
go there and look over the parts fiches in person at the counter, with
the
parts guy, I don't rate highly my chances of getting the right item.
They
don't break out the w123 stuff much around here, anymore.

So, what is this thing called, and how much do I need to order (is it
only
sold as the entire assembly, or is it broken down into components)?

Thanks

Mac