HI all
for the record I am a phila policeman
 the  story attached is my friend and ex partner  policeman  Terrence Flomo
he was killed Friday morning by 2 jit bags

 the reality of firearm ownership is
A. most pl with guns don't understand just owning one does not make  you any
safer
 because they MUST be locked away form kids and this  means  they might not
be accessible when they are needed in a home emergency

B criminals who steal guns during a burglary can use them against the  lawful
owner... or in this case the police .
 C bullets don't stop at a intended target... they can go on for a  loooooong
distance AFTER striking the intended target
 and
D shooting a (person criminal or not)  aint Hollywood easy  they  get up...
run around ... scream ... now they might have deserved it  but it  aint easy
and then YOU must justify your actions ... to police, the county  prosecutor,
ect ect ... ( this in NO way is to say guns should not be  used/owned if there
is a real threat it nos safety)

 I am not anti gun ( I have owned one  sense the slaveships) and  will
continue to do so
 but to EVERYONE who owns firearms
please realize
 these are machines
 they don't know the difference between a criminal and a kid( god  forbid)
this one of the greatest responsibilities that any adult can have
 so please take the approved firearm safety course offered  by the N.R.A.
 keep them
 LOCKED
 ...UNLOADED
 and KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER
 and for god sakes please keep them locked up tight in your house
 its a bitch to go to a mans funeral who should have never died

 mike collins
 phila pa

_Frink_ (javascript:void(0))
Seasoned Vet

(http://domelights.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1166081461/m/3221042223/r/3221042223#3221042223)
 Posted Posted <NOBR>August 26, 2005 04:09  August 26, 2005
04:09  AM
We've lost another one of our own. An officer was  shot and killed in the
23rd District last night (2:18am) after being shot  in the chest by two thugs.
Details are still sketchy, but the last I heard  was that the 9th had a suspect
run inside a property on 20th Street. SWAT  was enroute.

Pardon me for seeming callous, but I hope the suspect  (if he is the doer) is
brought out in a body bag.

_Support Your Local  Gunfighter_ (http://sharpshooters.blogspot.com/)

(http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=4796074314)  |
Location: The  Lab | Registered: September 02, 2003
(javascript:void(0);)  (javascript:void(0);)
(http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=ma&m=3221042223&t=3221042223&f=1166081461)

_misterfifty_ (javascript:void(0))
Seasoned Vet

(http://domelights.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1166081461/m/3221042223/r/5241052223#5241052223)
 Posted Posted <NOBR>August 26, 2005 06:31  August 26, 2005
06:31  AM
Details are still sketchy, but it appears an  off-duty NFU officer was shot
multiple times at 20th and Columbia in North  Philly, in an unmarked DEA
vehicle. Early morning news reports states that  many people were taken to
homicide
and a male who barracaded himself in a  house on the 800 block 20th st was
removed by SWAT and was at homicide  being interviewed. P/C Johnson, D/C Ross
and
Mayor Street were on location  at Temple hospital with the family. I will not
post the name because I am  not sure of the spelling, but I can say it was
reported that the fallen  officer was a 9 year veteran that leaves behind a
wife
and children. May  God keep his blessed hand upon him and his family.
(http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=5081082942)  |
Registered: March  25, 2005  (javascript:void(0);)
(javascript:void(0);)
(http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=ma&m=5241052223&t=3221042223&f=1166081461)

_Kate_ (javascript:void(0))
Seasoned Vet

(http://domelights.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1166081461/m/3221042223/r/2251052223#2251052223)
 Posted Posted <NOBR>August 26, 2005 06:36  August 26, 2005
06:36  AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Officer Flomo's  friends and family.

May he R.I.P.

_KYW1060.com_ (http://www.kyw1060.com/news_story_detail.cfm?newsitemid=48885)

Phila. Police Officer Shot and  Killed

A police officer has been shot to death in North  Philadelphia. It happened
this morning near 20th and Turner Streets not  far from Cecil B. Moore Avenue.

Police Commissioner Sylvester  Johnson identifies the officer as 50-year-old
Terrence Flomo, a nine-year  veteran of the force. He was married and had four
children.

Johnson says Flomo was assigned to an undercover narcotics unit  and had gone
off-duty about 10pm Thursday night. It's not known why he was  in the area
where he was shot.

Police say Flomo was shot several  times and found sitting in an unmarked
city-owned car that had rolled  about a block before coming to rest against
some
bushes.

The  officer was conscious and talking when taken to Temple University
Hospital. He died about 3:05am in the emergency room.

Police have  been questioning several people in connection with the shooting.
Police  say one man was taken into custody after about an hour barricaded
inside a  nearby house.

Johnson says the reason for the shooting is unknown.

_All Gave Some ~ Some Gave All_
(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm)

_Katey's  Kafe_ (http://www.kateskafe.blogspot.com/)

(http://domelights.com/groupee/forums?a=userposts&sortType=1&u=8376095371)  |