David,
 You are a wierd person. Seems like in a world where everyone is walking
forward (making forward progress) you seem to be digging backwards! Are you
aware that the future is for everything to be constantly online? Why are you
still using dialup? Hmmm...do you still listen to tapes instead of cds?
Maybe even 8-tracks? Right now gmail is the best web based email for
everyone...that is a fact.