what we have now is pretty terrible though. this country is no longer a place for decent working folk, largely because cheap safe housing is becoming non-existent.

if you have the money, you can buy your way out of this malaise and just watch it on tv. if you come up short, though, it's a pretty bad situation.

At 09:52 PM 8/31/2005, you wrote:
Mike Canfield wrote:
>   People had alot more respect for each other and life in general was
> better when you were hung for stealing a horse and nearly everyone
> carried a firearm.

'Course, you got hung if people *thought* you stole a horse.  Whether
you actually did it or not was unimportant, back then.  Such is
vigilantism.  Thanks, but I'd rather stick with what we've got now.