it has to do as well with the government having given up on the concept that they are even vaguely responsible for the protection of its citizens. I'm no longer sure they still even acknowledge any responsibilities.

look at how as i type this they continue to stand by and allow the carnage in new orleans to continue unabated.

useless bastards still never forget to come for your money though

At 10:17 PM 9/1/2005, you wrote:
JabbaHursty wrote:
> what we have now is pretty terrible though.  this country is no longer a
> place for decent working folk, largely because cheap safe housing is
> becoming non-existent.

Oh, I agree with you there.  That situation has nothing to do with the
presence or lack of guns, however, and everything to do with economic
forces in the housing market.  I suspect a big factor is that we've just
come out of a long stagnant period where real estate was viewed as the
only "safe" investment.