On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 05:21:33PM -0400, Mitch Haley wrote:
> Kevin wrote:
> > 85 190D 2.2 five speed - 40-41 mpg before pirellis were installed, about
> > 36-38
> > afterwards (tires too sticky).
>
> Are the new tires larger diameter than the old?
> Did the new tires come with an alignment job? Did they botch the toe-in?

Same diameter (within a few mm), same alignment. Used wheels on rims that
were a lot cleaner, just the tires are way wider (205 instead of 175) and
a lot sticker (pirelli p4000s compared to bottom of the line goodyears). A
set of marshall's favorite X-1s would easily solve the problem, but they're
NLA.

Those tires are almost dead (bought the rims more than the tires), so I'll
have some experimenting to do.