Kevin, Gabriel, and Marshall,
I'm not sure I'd recommend the sunroof repair as a DIY task for anyone, due to
its complexity, opportunity for Murphy's Law, part number, nomenclature, and
configuration changes, and the fact that, on a scale of 1 to 10, this job rated
as a PITA! (not to mention neck, shoulders, and some other select body parts)
I undertook it only under the impression that the local dealer would lighten my
wallet by $1500-$2000 or so, and independents were inconveniently located.  The
next occurence may just rate an "I'm too old for this crap" response, coupled
with a trip over to RC Imports or to a local recommended by my dentist.  Either
way, it'll be similar to a root canal.
Mike Boerner
87 300 d and sdl, 135k and 125k