That happens, my Grandma in law (maternal side) is referred to as psycho grandma. She has been headed down the Alzheimer's road for six or seven years. The early years were rough on my MiL because as the oldest she got hit with taking care and getting Power of attorney and getting declared guardian. Grandma thought that everyone was out to get her, because she still was able to misremember what happened recently. Hated her kids because she was sure they stole her car, even though she had sold it while still sort of lucid.

Now she is in a facility where she is safe, back to around thinking she is 18 or so, and has a new boyfriend. They get jiggy, so you have to knock really loud and wait. Real cool part is they know they have a boy/girl friend, but have no idea who it is. He is blind, she is able to sometimes recall that my MiL is her daughter, and integrates that though at 18 she was still years away from kids.

Before that, she was living in her mind in Yakima, where she grew up, when it was a white town. Really fully developed reality and recall, and able to flow from there and integrate that these "future" people were also able to talk to her.

She is healthy, so I do not expect to have to plant her anytime soon.

On Thursday, September 8, 2005, at 04:19 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:

Well toward the end my grandmother was litterally living 50-60 years in
the past.

Rusty Cullens wrote:

Great. My father knows who our family is at this time but he can't
remember a conversation 15 minutes ago. Growing old sucks.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:46 AM
To: Mercedes mailing list
Subject: Re: [MBZ] RustyQ 2005

I can tell you first hand that is sucks.  My grandmother had it and
probably the last several years of her life I suspect she didnt even
know who I was.

Rusty Cullens wrote:

Thanks, actually I forgot to mention since it seems trivial, that my

83

year old father was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 6 months ago also. When
it rains...it pours.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE,