Usually the only way to get the V8 with a 4 speed was in the "X" package for the gremlin and in the early SC Hornets. Mike ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Vega

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 11:51:13PM -0400, Harry ?M.) wrote:
You won't believe this, but thats exactly the same car they profiled. It was
Classic Car and Driver on the Gremlin with Levis interior. Yellow with a
V8 and 4 speed. Remember the Hornet?

Very uncommon engine and trans option for the gremlin (even hornet), usually
the v8 was an automatic, or that failing, a three speed, since the four
speed was virtually non-existent with the demise of the javelin.

Vividly remember the hornet, have two wagons ("sportabouts"), both with
v8/automatics. The tan one needs a transmission now, but before that was
quite the little sleeper. The green one I don't drive much it's one
of the limited edition gucci interior ones.

Anyone interested in reliving an acid trip they were on in the early
seventies, check out:
http://www.punk.net/~kevin/gucci1.jpg
http://www.punk.net/~kevin/gucci4.jpg

But seriously, can't we be talking about wacky paint schemes on W109s or
something? It's pretty sad when a Mercedes list is getting off on how weird
AMC/Rambler/Vega/Pinto/etc were...