Dear List,

Just a thank you to everyone who called with advice or ideas about my
transmission leak in the 84 300D -- especially to Tom Savage, who
spent three hours out of his Sunday morning helping me diagnose what
exactly was wrong.

Some friends came from Kansas City with a hitch and we towed the car
through the night here to KC; right now it's at an independent
Mercedes mechanic being looked at. His initial guess is that it's the
front fuel pump (?) in the transmission which was going bad; the
bushing was vibrating too much and it blew the seal. It doesn't look
like a cheap fix.

Thanks to everyone for all the help; this List truly is great.

Thanks,
Jim Vogel

http://mail.yahoo.com