From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Tom Hargrave
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:48 AM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 280CE

Not pushrod, DOHC. They are good engines. I owned a 1975 280 and a 1978
280CE. The 75 was carbureted and the 78 was FI.

Both preferred mid-grade gas & would diesel when you turned the key off
without it.

Expect 15 MPG in town and 18 MPG on the road, but like I tell my friends who
comment about my Corvette & mileage, it doesn't matter at 50 - 100 miles a
week.

Thanks,
Tom Hargrave
www.kegkits.com