there were actually at least 2 separate Campaigns to change out
Particulate Traps; my '85 300D had it done the first time @ ~66K miles to
replace the original TO, and again just a couple of years ago at MBZs
insistence to replace that TO with yet a different one. neither of these
changes cost me anything; they were both paid for by MBZ.

   i've heard that recently some of the larger indies have been getting
calls from MBZ USA looking for more of the TOs; apparently there may
not be any more available.

cheers!

'85 300D