It seems than at Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:51:48 -0600, Craig wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:08:59 -0400 "Wilton Strickland"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > 'Opened the envelope, and guess what??!!  The "new",
> > never-used fusible link has melted!!  'Really confusing at
> > first to open the envelope expecting to see the 30 amp
> > fusible link I put in it 2 or 3 years ago and see instead a
> > thin squiggly line of something a little over an inch long
> > with strange little discs at each end. 'Took a moment to
> > realize the "new" fuse had melted there inside the car. Any
> > more spare ones I get henceforth will be kept in the house!
>
> But if a fusible link cannot stand the temperatures in the
> glove box, how in the world would it ever stand the
> temperatures under the hood?

It's because the one in the glove box didn't have any electrons
flowing through it to carry the heat away. In a circuit under
the hood there would be plenty of fresh electrons flowing
through it to the motor where there is plenty of air flow to
takeover for the electrons it transporting the heat.

Besides, under the hood it would be closer to the Mobil 1 oil.
We all know that Mobil 1 will solve all automotive problems.

*chuckle* And it's not even moose day - what's happening to me!

--                 Philip