It seems than at Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:03:44 -0700 (PDT), Curt
wrote:

> I know there are other wood heating folks on here so I thought
> my experience today might interest some folk.

> Toward the end I had to cut
> which with my little Mac chainsaw wasn't a great proposition,
> the Mac is really a limbing saw. I knew I needed a new saw.
> Today I bought a Husky 445 (I think its a 445, its in the
> garage) 18" bar.

For those not into chain saws, a Husky is a Husqvarna.

> Anyway after today's test I wouldn't hesitate to recommend
> this saw, its a little big for the average homeowner but for
> an avid woodburner its just the ticket, cost me about $320
> with a file and a bottle of Husky mix oil.

I'm fond of my Stihl. Good German engineering. Bought my MS310
used from the repair shop. The sell and service both Stihl and
Husqvarna. The shop guy said the Stihl saws tended to have fewer
problems and good parts support.

The big saw is sure nice for most work - but the little one is
great for limbing and any cutting that's higher than my waist.

--              Philip