Curt Raymond wrote:
> Give me about 150hp, a manual trans, 4x4, 28-30mpg, extended cab with
> a 6' bed, limited slip rear diff and I'm all over it. Those are the
> only things I care about in a truck... A/C is nice but not required,
> if not present I'd really like vent windows. AM/FM is required but
> not CD or tape, both are nice but as I say not required.

Hopefully you'll be able to get that in 2009-2010 when all the 1/2 tons
have diesel engine options.  Not sure if they will provide a diesel in
the base model (ie, they may only come in the "1500 HD" type packages
loaded with a bunch of other options.

If you drive easy and have a tuner set to economy some of the Duramax
folks can hit almost 30mpg.

John