John M McIntosh wrote:
I converted it to delvac 1 5w40 about 2000 miles ago, guess I should start both of them up and see which how they sound side by side. Fairly sure the injector? noise I heard before diesel purge on the 603 is gone.

Perhaps I need to run another bottle in a week or so

The kind of noises you describe usually take months and many hundreds or even thousands of highway miles of driving to "cure." That's because many of the noises occur because of the condition of the prechambers and it can take a VERY long time of proper combustion at higher engine speeds and load to clean out a prechamber.

Lifter noise can take even longer. Usually 5,000-10,000 miles will substantially reduce lifter noise, but one of my 2.2 liter 601.921 engines just kept getting quieter for 50kmi and my 2 liter 601.912 is still getting quieter after 70 kmi!!

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)