John M McIntosh wrote:
Well as mentioned I did snap a vacuum hose on the 92 300TDt and replaced it with some stock at hand, but at the time I noted it was larger size tubing. Not the same as the snapped smaller diameter tubing. However on the other side of the pot feeding the transmission vacuum line was a flow restrictor so I thought perhaps it won't matter. Sigh. Of course it did, shifting became *rather firm, er really really firm*. So off to the dealer to get some proper diameter vacuum tubing, which I installed today and things are back to normal.

This car also has the residual heat system, press button after turning car off, and it runs fan and pumps heat into the car until the temp goes under a certain value, or a time limit is exceeded. Problem is that didn't really push hot air, cold air was more like it. Prowling about showed the aux circulation pump was toast, no turning, but has voltage. That I replaced today and system works as expected.

Lastly oil Leaks, we suspect a minor oil leak from either the upper oil pan seal, or the rear seal. Both of which are major work, remove engine from car type of work. Are these leaks normal for the OM603, should I just resort to cleaning the lower noise/wind shield once a month or so? & toss the funds at the university kid under the roof.

While it CAN happen, leaks from the oil pan of OM60x engines are rare. Much more likely to be leaks from the injection pump seals and gaskets, the intake manifold runner going to the #2 cylinder, the head gasket (especially above the alternator), the timing chain cover, the front and rear engine seals and the front seal of transmission.

Marshall
--
Marshall Booth Ph.D.
Ass't Prof. (ret.)