<<That was my thought too, they were a conglomerate back in the 70's to early
80's>>

I am not sure what this means but, after Porsche of America Corp. went away,
Porsche contracted with VW of America to distribute their cars and parts.
Except in the Northwest where Riviera Motors of Beaverton OR (later Porsche
Cars
Northwest) remained as the last independent Porsche distributor, dealing
directly with the factory.

Riviera was owned by Knute Qvale, brother of Kjell Qvale of SFO who owned
British Motor Cars. Both were multi-millionaires.

RLE