i thought the spirit was a competent and underrated car

At 11:56 AM 9/14/2005, you wrote:
That is CARRYING the Pontiac engine not running the Omni with it by the way....Mike
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Steve MacSween
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Porsche

> someone claiming to be <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> ah, you see so few of those on the road now, but i remember when the world was
> littered with shiny new dodge omnis
>

> the car looked largely to be a rabbit knockoff and the early ones came with a
> rabbit engine.

In the day they became sort of a joke because of their poor finish quality (interior trim and paint as I recall were the issues), but given what Chrysis Corp produced after I would now have one in a hearbeat over any flavour of K-Car except the Spirit. Oddly enough, IIRC they had more interior room than a Rabbit, which given the state of the non-art of Detroit use of interior space at the time, was actually quite an achievement. And the seats were not bad.

I talked an uncle into trading is Pontiac Astre for one, and he hated me for it forever after. So he then got rid of it, went out and bought one of those ghastly little 3-cylinder Suzukis badged as a Pontiac, and proceeded to pay the dealer like a grand a year on brake rebuilds because he was too stupid to believe he could take it down the street to Suzuki and get it done for half that (and probably get uprated rotors that did not warp when they hit a puddle, too).

Mac