From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of R Wasser
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 12:15 PM
To: Mercedes List
Subject: [MBZ] Potential engine rebuild

My '90 2.5L turbo is in serious need of a head gasket. It is also making a
distrubing knocking noise at idle from deep inside the engine. Since I'm
going to bear the brunt of the head gasket repair my Indy suggested
comparing the cost to an entire engine rebuild. Does anyone know of an
outfit selling a kit of parts for a rebuild of this engine? Rusty only sells
individual pieces. The car has 225k on the clock, is rust free and has had
most of the maintenance type items rebuilt or replaced in the last 50K.
Maybe a rebuild is over the top but I would like to compare the costs. Any
thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Ralph Wasserbaech
2001 E320 wagon
1990 300D
1987 300TD