When I had the tranny rebuilt in the SLC, I paid the shop to R&R it -
and it was GOOD choice. They fought the torque converter for half a
day to get it off the engine - the center protrusion (the right word
escapes me now) was corroded in the end of the crankshaft. They did
have the advantage of having the car up on a lift and used long pry
bars.

--
OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK