> Subject: [MBZ] stupid tranmission
>
> So I have spent all weekend trying to pull the stupid transmission on
> this 190D Im working on.  Its tight but I got all the bolts out with no
> problems at all.  Unbolted torque converter etc, then get ready to slide
> the tranny back.  At this point the damn thing is about out and is just
> hanging there but there is NO ROOM for it to drop all the way out.  You
> see, instead of the torque converter coming out with the tranny, it
> stayed where it was and the tranny came out of it.

Kaleb-

Do what you can to get the TC back into the tranny. put the rear mount
back in and pound the TC free through the access hole in the bottom of
the block.  Might have to rotate the TC 90-120 degrees a few times to
do it.  I don't think that the trans will drop with the TC in place,
and having the mass of the motor free while trying to drop the trans
would cause me some concern.

WHen I did the rebuild on my 300d 2.5 the converter didn't fight much,
but it did try to stay in place.  Also FWIW I found loosening the
engine mount bolts ~ 3 turns seem to help let the motor tilt a bit
more.

Tony Wirtel