[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> ...As I near the end of the resto of my 66 MGB Roadster I keep looking at
>> the engine bay and thinking about a 289 with 2-4s.  Or a Buick 3.5L Alum.V8
>> --- And a modern 4 or 5 speed  also -..
>>
> The question is, will you then peel all the teeth off the ring gear or will
> you just twist the hub out of the wire wheels.

When a car has a live axle, there are an almost infinite variety of solutions
the weak diff problem.

I would think that a properly trued and tensioned set of wire wheels could
handle more torque than the tires could, otherwise the brakes would rip the
wheels apart in the first panic stop. If you drive around on loose wire wheels,
you get what you deserve. I'd use Halibrands or Minilites or other vintage
style
wheels, because I like tubeless tires.

Mitch.