-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of R A Bennell
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [MBZ] hearing loss and fault diagnosis

Have any of you all noticed that it is more difficult to notice and
diagnose
problems as you get older?

I picked up my son at lunch time and he asked me what I thought the
squeaking sound was. My response, was of course, "what squeaking sound?"
can't hear it - especially over the noise of the diesel. My car makes
some
sounds that I can hear and I need to look for but the one's that I
cannot
hear worry me too.

My 4Runner is in the same boat. My wife and boys have been saying for a
while that it pings on light acceleration but I can't hear it. I had my
brother in law over to listen (he is a mechanic) and he really counldn't
hear what they were talking about either.

I am also finding that I can't see bu**er all either without lots of
artificial light. It is getting harder to work on stuff in the garage,
especially if the weather is such that I want to keep the big door down.

The scary thing, is that I know it has to get worse over time.

Randy in Winnipeg, who can still see the computer screen well enough to
complain in a post.