Quick and dirty starter test.  Open the door so the dome light is on,
try to start car and watch the dome light.  If it does NOT dim, then the
problem is at the ignition switch or the neutral safety switch.  Next
time it happens, try wiggling the gear shift or placing it in neutral.
You might need to adjust the shift linkage, NSS, or install a new NSS.
If the dome light does dim, then first check your battery (probably not
the case here, since it will start later), and then check to see if the
starter is in a bad position, seized, or has a bad solenoid.  Sometimes
bumping the car forward or backward while in gear will move it into a
better position.

Does this help?

Luther