OK, Im trying to picture this in my mind, so the engine turns CW from
the front, which would mean CCW from the back, right?  So the back side
of the converter would also be turning CCW, so the one tab would be
engaged, the other tab on the broken side would in fact not be pushing
on the non-broken side, but on the broken side.  Dang.  What are the
chances that one good tab is all that is really needed to turn the front
  pump?  I have never seen any problem with the tabs on the converter
breaking off (this one broke due to tranny removal), but usually from
the tabs on the pump breaking, so maybe it will be ok

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,