Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:39:34 -0500
From: "Wonko the Sane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [MBZ] Had / got to drive the company's Suburban yesterday
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <Mercedes@okiebenz.com>

Had to take six folks on a field trip for med checks. My turn. We always
take our really nice Suburban that was donated (for the tax write-off) to
us.

Leather seats and power everything. Big honkin' V-8 engine. Very smooth (for
a TRUCK) and reasonably quiet ride.

Drove the Quantum down to the group home where the Suburban stays, parked
the Quantum, fired up the Suburban, drove it back to the office, loaded in
clients, then drove 30 miles to the med check and then 30 miles back to the
office. That was six half-hour med checks with lots of pauses built in --
left at 8:45 and returned to my office at 1:30.

Dropped off the clients at the office, returned the Suburban to the group
home. Crawled back into the Quantum.

Felt like a circus clown in a downsized Mini.

I think I want a Suburban. Wife is extremely in favor of that opinion.

Best part is that the fuel gauge didn't move at all during the round trip. I
think this one might get reasonable mpg.

No, Kaleb, I don't want to buy your Suburban.

--
LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

apt-get update