Wilton Strickland wrote:
> Often started my '31 Model A Ford by parking on slight hill; pull away from
> curb, let it roll coupla feet, let the clutch out; voila - drive away under
> power.  240D with manual tranny oughta do it, too.

If you have a big enough hill, you can do it with an automatic 240D too.

I made about 50 pizza deliveries one night without a starter on my Citation.
There was a minor (maybe 6-8") rise leading up to the storefront. I could bump
start it in reverse while backing out of my parking space. At the destination I
left the car running. After we finished cleaning the place up and were ready to
go home, my engine was cold and I had to have a coworker push start me with his
Escort. He shoved me up to 10 mph and hit the brakes, then I dropped the clutch
in 2nd and it fired right up.

Mitch.