From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of John Robbins
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:37 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT the Hottest VP

Curt Raymond wrote:
> We've got this little problem of worldwide overpopulation which is
> pushing up the price for everything, how does it make any sense to
> subsidize an increase in that problem?

I'm not a big fan of subsidizing kids, but there are two things I think
mostly justify it.  If you *do* produce a kid, it does need to be taken
care of since the kid had no choice in the matter. Also, on the whole,
we don't have an overpopulation problem in the US.  This is ignoring the
whole welfare argument I'm sure will be brought up shortly.  IMO, thats
a different problem.

John