17-year-old grandson, straight A HS senior, was in China three weeks this
past summer for Chinese language and culture at coupla Chinese senior high
schools.  He said there was an "outcry" from some of the American students
when they learned they were gonna be in class on Saturday.  Teacher said,
"You're in China now; we're gonna do it the Chinese way."  BTW, I told him
before he left, "Don't stand in front of a photo of Mao or Stalin with you
hand up as if saying some pledge and let somebody get a photo.  Something
like that could come back and bite you 30 years from now when you're a
national leader."  Guess what was the first thing he showed me he got home.
'Pulled out his iPhone and held it up in front of me saying,  "Granddad,
look what's on the walls in the classrooms."  Shonuff, huge portraits of Mao
and Stalin.  Actually, I was sorta surprised by the Stalin portrait.

Wilton