If instant relief is a must, http://www.bluestuff.com  I have this nasty
habit of hitting the inside of my left ankle when I'm bowling.  I throw
a 16lb ball about 17-18mph, which translates into a fair amount of force
placed right on the ankle bone....enough force that it bruises within
15-20 seconds.  I can apply bluestuff 4-5 times over the next 10-15
minutes and the next morning there will NOT be a noticeable bruise or
pain.  I'm a believer....

Luther