Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 21:39:51 -0500
From: "OK Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] '87 300D saga continues

The rebuilt injectors arrived from Rusty Yesterday evening --
installed them this afternoon. (FYI - they come with new seal rings).
When we pulled the old injectors out, one of the seal rings had the
center section almost punched out, and we've seen this everytime we've
pulled injectors out. Very odd. You can feel a relaxing of pressure
while torquing them down that I think is telling us that it's punching
that center section.

The car runs much better. However, it has an uneven idle - at random
intervals, between 1 and 15 seconds apart, it will try to rev up for
about a 1/4 to 1/2 second. If you start off from a stop slowly, it
runs rough (almost like it's still doing those short revs) till about
2000 rpm, then it's rather smooth. It'sstill blowing lots of white
smoke that smells like unburnt fuel.
If you stomp on it from a stop, it moves out smartly - very nice. If
it weren't for the fog bank behind us, I'd be inclined to tell the son
- drive it like you stole it!

Guess it's time to pull the pre-chambers and inspect/clean all those
tiny holes - I think I have a small size root canal reamer that ought
to be just right.