Unfortunately, my wife had a mishap with her car this weekend that may well be
the end of it. Unfortunate as it was
a nice car. A 1998 Toyota Avalon with only about 75K miles on it. Clean, no
rust etc. I just put 4 new strut
assemblies and new back brakes on it about a month ago. I was about to put a
timing belt in it and to change the
anti-freeze. They may fix it but I am not sure we want to keep it if they do.
It took a fairly major hit on the
front. Bad enough to break things like the radiator. She is fine so that is the
most important thing but she is
rather upset about her car.

So, for now she is driving my truck and I am driving the old diesel. That will
be OK until about the end of October
so I hope we have this resolved prior to that.

Sort of lost on what to buy as a replacement however. Anyone with a crystal
ball out there? Fuel mileage keeps
coming to the forefront on our thoughts. A Honda Civic maybe? Don't really like
small cars but most of her driving
is very close to home so that might be alright. Don't want to spend a fortune
but she will not be happy with any
sort of a fixer upper so it has to be something relatively new.

Randy