Then just go to a welding shop and tell them you want
a class II hitch. They will find enought sheet metal
under there to tack it to.

I did the DeLan hitch and the muffler rubs on it -
PITA. But it pulls a small trailer just fine. I
wouldn't recommend using that tranny to pull anything
heavier anyway...

Rgds,
Karl

http://www.etrailer.com/products.asp?model=300TD&category=hitch&year=1981&make=Mercedes-Benz&t1=&h=e