Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:54 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 300td 1982 trailer hitch

Then just go to a welding shop and tell them you want
a class II hitch. They will find enought sheet metal
under there to tack it to.

I did the DeLan hitch and the muffler rubs on it -
PITA. But it pulls a small trailer just fine. I
wouldn't recommend using that tranny to pull anything
heavier anyway...

Rgds,
Karl

--- Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bill Gallagher wrote:

> THIS Place sell one one for about $345.00.. it's
brand new .....

http://www.etrailer.com/products.asp?model=300TD&category=hitch&year=1981&make=Mercedes-Benz&t1=&h=e

Looks great for pulling a lawnmower or Hobie Cat,
but a class 1 hitch has a lower rating
than a S123 does. I like my hitches (especially a
$300 hitch) to be as capable as the car.

http://mail.yahoo.com