Not true, they had the same wiring. Problems may have been less
obvious because of the relatively fewer engine sensors and ignition
wires that had to run accross the hottest part of the engine, but they
were still there. I've heard of a number of new diesel wiring harness
installs.

Everything I've heard indicated that the biodegradeable wiring was
introduced with the M104 in 1993 and the 606 in 1995 (at least here in
the US).

Gary Thompson
1995 E320