Dieselers,

Our daily driver fleet of 4 diesels has been running
on commercial B20 mix for 6 months with zero problems.
 For the last month or so I been testing some 100% WVO
based biodiesel in the 77 240D.  The stuff is
processed by a local hobbyist/activist from used
restaurant oil.  It runs super, with all the usual bio
benefits - smoke nearly eliminated, way smoother
running, easy starting etc.  But last couple days
trouble...low power, hard starting, rough running etc
etc, eventually car quit running.  Filter replacement
changed nothing.  Problem traced to blockage in tank,
probably screen.  A couple mild pulses of compressed
air into the fuel supply line eliminated the problem
entirely.

I love quick fixes. But I probably blew the screen off
and created other sundry issues.  Anyway, it now runs
like a racehorse, at least compared with how it was
prior to the problem.  Eventually I will need to
shopvac the fuel tank to clean out the gunk.  I will
continue with the WVO bio a while longer for further
testing, but only in the 77.

Epilogue - Folks with older MB diesels owe it to
themselves to try a little bioiesel.  Your cars will
love it.  Start with commercial stuff before you go
with homebrew. All 4 our our diesels run significantly
better with it.  Substantially less smoke, much
smoother, less vibration and rocking, etc. Best single
thing to make old motors run better, including M1.  No
apparent loss, or gain, in mileage or power.  David
Pimental frowns on bio from virgin oil, but endorses
biodiesel from WVO.  I give it a provisional ok, but
let's see how it works long term.

Regards,

Bruce

Bruce
82 300CD 333kmi 'His'
85 300CD 234kmi 'Hers'
75 240D 185kmi 'Theirs' (Back in Commission)
77 240D 199kmi 'The Brown Car'