i used my shop vac to clean the deck of my boat the other day and the static electricity was more than annoying...almost constant...the boat was on a trailer and not grounded...

here in spokane, two toddlers were severly burned while playing on their outdoor plastic slide...the two, 3 &4, had poured gasoline on the slide to make it slick (who knows where they got it), and after much investigation, the fire guys cited static electricity as the flash point...

be carefull with those gas cans in the back of your rig while filling---take them out and put them on the ground.