Since things are slow on MBZ, this might be a good time to describe an
accident I had in June.  I'm out of the rehab center/nursing home now, using
a walker, and even taking a few steps unassisted.  The physical therapist
who comes to my home three times a week said I would probably be using a
cane in 2 or 3 weeks.  Here is what happened:

I went behind the shop to get something out of the car. On the way back I
tripped on the concrete slab, staggered around trying to get my balance, and
broke the head of the femur (upper right leg) while still upright.  Then I
went down face first on the concrete.  The back door of the shop was locked
so I had to crawl around to the front door, through the door and across the
the shop floor towards the telephone.  I almost made it but the linoleum was
too slick to drag mayself on forearms and elbows.  I layed there for about
24 hours before my daughter found me.  (Interesting exercise in pain
management.)
I was taken by helicopter to Shands Hospital in Gaineville where the broken
head of the femur was repaired.

This was a wake up call for me since I was not observing the limitations of
my age (79); in this case not being careful in walking around and ignoring
the danger of breaking bones.
The best way to keep track of how brittle your bones are is a bone scan.  I
never bothered to get one; much to my later regret.
Those of you who are retirement age might do well to get your bones scanned
periodically so you'll know when you should slow down.

Mercedes content:  I was replacing the chain on my '83 300D and had gone out
to get a part from my other Mercedes.

Good luck,
Gerry