why dont you just get the whole engine from the junk yard car?

Aaron Lam wrote:

Hello all,

Tomorrow morning I'm attempting to remove a cylinder head from an 87
300D that's in a local junkyard. Besides the triple square socket,
what other special tools are absolutely required? The FSM makes note
of a few such as the timing chain slide-rail puller, but I figured I'd
ask because sometimes alternatives can be improvised. Also, can part
of the exhaust manifold (and the turbo possibly) be left attached to
the cylinder head when it's being removed?

PS: If anyone's in the SF Bay Area and can possibly lend a hand
tomorrow morning, shoot me an email off list...

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Aaron