That can be true if you rely on somebody else to fix your car for you. If you cant work on it yourself, you really have no business buying one of these old cars anyway. I tend to disagree with that old saying from the RE list to a certain point. Dont be dumb about it, but cheap cars can usually be fixed quite cheap especially if you have parts cars laying around.

ned kleinhenz wrote:
Having been there, I agree.  Don't fall for that deal.
List wisdom - There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes.
I think an expensive Mercedes that should be a cheap one is even more
expensive.

Ned Kleinhenz

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 92 300SD, 92 300E 4Matic, 91 300D, 91 300E, 89 560SEL,
 87 300SDL x2, 86 300E, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro, 85 190D,
 84 190D, 84 300D euro manny, 81 240D, 80 240D, 76 240D,
 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250, 66 220SEb