Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
I tend to disagree with that old saying from  the RE list to a certain point.
> Dont be dumb about it, but cheap cars can usually be fixed quite cheap
especially if you have parts cars  laying around.

I think the saying comes from the idea that if you want a Condition 2 car, it's far better to buy one than to buy one in Condition 4 and then replace practically the whole car to upgrade it to a 2. I think what you are saying is that if you want a 3 1/2, you can make it from a 4 1/2 and a couple of 5s. JimC seems to be good at making 3.5s or even 3s out of crap and labor.

Mitch.