Ernest wrote: "hi Curt! not sure which trans is in that rig, but if it's one of
the ChryCo trannys, they don't necessarily have the best reputation for
longevity, and you may be at the end of its natural life."

Well CRAP, Curt. I remember you sending out the email about your Dakota and the
transmission problem and COMPLETLEY forgot about one of the reasons you may be
having problems.  This is probably one of the Chrysler trannys that needs the
special Dodge/Chrsyler fluid.  I did a transmission service on my wife's old
Lebaron and it started acting strange. It wouldn't shift or it would shift too
fast, or it had no reverse.  So, I called a friend of mine at the Chrysler
dealer and he told me it was the fluid.  You might need to buy the fluid direct
from the dealer.  I think your transmission requires Chrysler specific fluid.
I know it fixed ALL of the problems in the Lebaron. Good Luck.

Donald H. Snook